In 2018, we are excited to once again offer our Project Y school-based Youth Program.
Please read the information below before applying.
About Project Y
For Parents & Teachers:
Project Y is a collaborative partnership between 4RM, local communities and supporting industries, and provides an alternative learning pathway for High School students.
The program is ideal for students:
- Identified as requiring extra support or are at risk of disengaging and/or
- Students with an interest in a communications/media career pathway or who have a love of music!
Project Y allows students to gain skills and experience in public speaking, effective communication and broadcast procedures as well as exposure to multi-media projects including Moranbah Community News & Community TV’s. Through Project Y, students gain work experience with an insight into “real world“ workplace environments. It is a positive and communally beneficial initiative designed to bring passion into learning new skills, increase confidence and improve connections within, and service to, their community.
Wondering what you’ll do here when you come? Well, no two groups or weeks are the same however this is a rough guide to what you can expect:
- Check out our huge Music Library (listen to awesome music!!)
- See how the live studio works
- Program a music show (choosing music and putting it into a playlist!)
- Use a microphone (optional to go LIVE)
- Produce basic audio
- Optional week to explore magazine writing & publication, audio editing and production, social media skills & TV presentations (Publisher)
- Present a live or pre-recorded music program on-air (one hour program)
- Currently attending school in Years 7 – 10
- Must be willing to catch up on any work missed at school during the program (this will be YOUR responsibility however we are happy to support you with this along with your teachers)
When: Thursdays (six weeks)
Dates: Term 1 [15 February – 22 March] / Term 2 [03 May – 31 May] / Term 3 [TBC] / Term 4 [TBC]
Time: 1:50pm pick up / 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Program (arrangements must be made to collect or release students from 4RFM)
What It Costs: FREE
To apply for the Project Y Program, please complete the form below: